Automatic Cover

pldarr

Jan 11, 2009
I am frustrated with our winter cover ripping and not staying in place. Has anyone had any luck with automatic pool covers for an ABG? I have a full wood deck around the pool, so I know I could place the rail tracks, etc. www.powertrak.com is a link if anyone wants to take a look.

1) Don't do the auto cover. That is a LOT of money and they are not good for winter generally.
2) Use either a safety cover properly anchored or a tarp cover and water bags. If your wood deck is actually the fake wood stuff like Trex, skip the safety cover as the anchors won't stay put.
3) If using a tarp and water bags, rest the cover on the water, leave 2-1/2' of overlap on all sides and put a 1/4" of water on the surface of the tarp to hold it down in the wind. Put the bags on the outer edge. Expect to visit the pool at least every two weeks unless it's snow covered to make sure everything is as it should be. Replace any popped water bags. Birds will peck at them. I use 1'x8' bags. The dual cells, once a cell is popped, are pretty useless. A single cell won't hold and two on top each other is as ugly as it gets. I never fill them any more than 75% full. Thicker is not better either.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.