New Piping

Jul 27, 2011
NY
I'm looking to replace the pipes used on my pool. The previous owners used ABS, which isn't designed to be used under pressure. I'd like to replace it with schedule 40 PVC. Does anyone have any diagrams or pictures of their plumbing so I can get an idea of how to redo it? Currently the pipe has a 90 degree elbow coming out of the skimmer. Then the pipe runs at a 45 degree angle for about 15 feet until it connects to a shut-off. Then it bends 90 degrees and goes into the pump. It exits the pump, bends 90 degrees again, and goes into the filter. After leaving the filter it bends 90 degrees then goes back into the pool.

My understanding I need to use as few 90's as possible since they restrict flow. However, should the pipe coming out of the skimmer just run at a 45 degree angle, or should it be done another way?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.