Foam bottoms?

May 23, 2011
I am about to put up a 24' above ground and would like some suggestions on the foam floors. I am getting my pool dug out about 2-2.5ft and then compacted. I was looking into the gorilla floor bottom but have read that it isnt to thick and then I read about "Pink Foam" is this just something I can get from my local home depot? How thick is everyone using? And can I get by without sand if I have a foam bottom and stick on foam cove?

I used the pink inulsulation foam (polystyrene) on my pool bottom and foam coves and it worked great. It has a nice feel on the feet...ohhh and it was cheap! I did not use sand. I used 1.5 inch thick foam. If you are using an overlap liner, then you should be good to go. If you are using a beaded or jhook liner...you may want to go with 2 inch since that is the typical minimum sand base thickness they are assuming will be used.

Are you digging out a deep end? :party: If you are, I can let you know how I dealt with that in relation to the foam.

So you must have taped the seams together right? If so what kind of tape?

I think Im going with a bead liner for the look.

And no I dont think Ill be adding a deep end. But it is something to think about.

Linen,
If you have any pic's of how you did your deepened bottom would be great to look at!
I'm digging out now for my Princeton 21' using a 20 gauge 72" expandable overlap liner and trying to find out how to do the floor as I want to max out as big and deep as I can possibly go! I'm thinking I will need to bury it some so I can go deep as possible at the walls.
Have you seen anyone use a bigger pad like a 24' for a 21' to use for deep center? Will pads wrinkle when used with deepened center?

Thanks for any insight you might have!

Chuck

supertune said:
Linen,
If you have any pic's of how you did your deepened bottom would be great to look at!
I'm digging out now for my Princeton 21' using a 20 gauge 72" expandable overlap liner and trying to find out how to do the floor as I want to max out as big and deep as I can possibly go! I'm thinking I will need to bury it some so I can go deep as possible at the walls.
Have you seen anyone use a bigger pad like a 24' for a 21' to use for deep center? Will pads wrinkle when used with deepened center?

Thanks for any insight you might have!

Chuck
Split to this thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/post335414.html#p335414

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.