pentair Intellitouch- Who has it and what do you think?

tatertot09

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
Lenoir City TN
So, we are planning to install an automation system as well as pergola, but I am leaning towards the Pentair Intellitouch and I have scoured TFP for weeks mainly only finding technical information, which I'll be honest I am not that intuitive in. So what I am really looking for is what you LOVE about the system or what you HATE about the system... as well, what you think would best suite our needs. We have a 16x32 Inground Vinyl pool with two intellibright LED's, 4 Deck Jets, Heat pump, as well we are looking at upgrading to the Pentair VS pump, and the Intellichlor- because we are manual chlorinators right now but love the idea of salt. Our circuit box in the basement is full, so we have no idea if we need the Load Center or the Power center- the distance from the electric panel to the pool pad is only about 7 feet. We know we want wireless... we have iPads, iPhones and such, and I do want a wired panel in the house. We really want total automation, so please give your suggestions. If you don't like the Intellitouch please give why and what you would recommend. Thank you so much in advance!!!

I don't know if you've looked at the Easytouch system, which also works with iOS devices (with the Screenlogic option). I know the Intellitouch system offers more flexibility when it comes to programming, as it can do macros, but for basic automation I'm looking at the Easytouch system myself. An Easytouch 8 system should handle everything you've listed, and, unlike the Intellitouch, it can be controlled directly from the outdoor panel as well as with remote (wired and/or wireless) panels and devices. I'm going to watch this thread as well, as I'm really interested in this.

I have the intellitouch I9+3.

Very pleased with the integration with the heaters, pumps (I have two VS), and lighting.

I have not "finished" programming mine, but I doubt I ever will stop finagling with it, I am a gadget-y person.

I like being able to adjust the SWG % from my laptop, wish the complete interface was available from the ipads as well :(.

I like the flexibility of the control, and the remote capabilities are really nice. Yesterday halfway through the 8 hour drive home from austin I turned the spa on and started it heating, and when we got home it was hot and ready.

I have not fully explored all the macro possibility, but it looks fully controllable from the program interface on my laptop.

Be prepared to spend some $$$. Even doing it myself it was several thousand dollars to get everything and hooked up and installed to working.

Good luck!

Lershac- Thank you so much for your feed back- We really don't have much of a budget as we figured it would be quite a bit. Thank you so much for letting me know your personal experience. How are the Valve Actuators? and to use the iphones and ipads you have to have the screen logic correct??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No they are not, but I want to have set points for restricting flow to certain features, control over each return individually on the pool, and a cpl other things, like being able to valve off the air intake on the spa jets. My wife loves bubbles but it turns out I am not much of a fan of them.

My pool is not complicated plumbing wise at all compared to those with many features like say spillmar.

Two pumps two heaters and a filter. Only water feature is the deck jets which are non functional ATM. Controlling the individual jets would let me set a cleaning schedule for my Polaris and still get the flow in the rest of the pool I like.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.