dirt erosion help

Jul 25, 2011
Schertz, Tx
So we went ahead and started our build( I will post pics later) We had our final clean out last Thursday. The patio concrete is about 3 feet higher than the original ground surface. The builder placed top soil from ground to edge of decking at a very steep angle about 3 feet to compensate for the 3 foot drop. Builder told me I needed to put a couple of rows of sod on top to protect it from erosion. So I went out and got a pallet of sod and put atleast 2 rows around the deck but it did nothing against the rain we just got down here in the San Antonio area. Now I have a muddy fence line and an eroded area about 30 foot long that I will need to fix( once it's dried) and resod. I have not said anything to builder yet. I was wanting to get some opinions here first to see if anyone has had this happen to them or if I even have a gripe.

Pool builder states in contract that they are not responsible for landscaping (I would think they have to atleast grade the surface to support the concrete)

Thanks for the help.

Pete

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.