SWG chlorine output rating

Just for one example.
My Goldline SWG has been running for 3 years now.
Being in Arizona we run the pumps and SWG probably 6-8 hrs a day from June 1 to Sept 30
The rest of the year 2 to 4 hrs average a day
I figured I have run the cell close to 4,500 hours and it is still going strong.
I usually run it from 60 - 70 % during summer and 35 - 40 % the rest of the year.
One thing that helps is my water hardness (calcium) is low and runs 220 to 250 which is low compared to many.
This means I get very little calcium buildup on the cell interior.

So to help answer your question cell life relates to many factors which are different for each user.
At least this will give you some idea of mine.

I'm on 6.5 years of run time on my Goldline SWCG. No winterization and an average daily run time of 8 hours in the summer and 2 hours in the winter at a setting of 40%. That is about 57000 hours of immersed time (no winterizing) and 4800 hours of actual on time. I think the lifetime of the SWCG is based mostly on the amp-hours usage of the unit and time in water is much less important although at some point it probably becomes important.

only going on my 2nd year but based on diagnostics from IntelliWand and from disassembly and looking at the cell plates (they look identical to brand new cell), my guess is that I will get somewhere between 3-5 years from this unit.

it does help to have the Simpool inject small quantity of diluted acid into the line, just prior to the IC40 cell while the system runs a cleaning schedule, current schedule is 14 hours/day and 3 days/week with IntelliFlow running 24 hours/day at 95 watts (IntelliChlor is automatically turned off at power use below 125 watts).

susa said:
only going on my 2nd year but based on diagnostics from IntelliWand and from disassembly and looking at the cell plates (they look identical to brand new cell), my guess is that I will get somewhere between 3-5 years from this unit.

it does help to have the Simpool inject small quantity of diluted acid into the line, just prior to the IC40 cell while the system runs a cleaning schedule, current schedule is 14 hours/day and 3 days/week with IntelliFlow running 24 hours/day at 95 watts (IntelliChlor is automatically turned off at power use below 125 watts).

The acid injection keeps the builtup to minimum and should like a good maitnenance pratice.
Next time I check mine I will take a few pictures and maube a movie.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.