SWG and Large amounts of Debris

Bones

Feb 17, 2012
Central Indiana
Wont even be considering this till next year but like planning ahead so, How do SWG's do with pools that will get a large amount of leaves, and probably 3-4 swimmers a day for i would estimate 4-6 hours a day if not more when schools out. If i do go this route im thinking ill need to go with the 60k and that leaves me about an extra 15k of overhead. We have cheap power and will have a new pump at that point, even as it is now during the summer running the pump(from 1989 10 hours a day and A.C. full blast the bill is very manageable. However we have alot of trees, privacy fence will be going up so that should cut down on some of the crud blowing in but its not uncommon to find at least one critter a day in the pool either be it snake,frog,chipmunk.... chipmunks as in more than one at a time (chippers,ground squirrel,timber tiger what ever you call them in your neck of the woods). We make a serious dent in their population over the course of the summer suicidal little buggers... I am a stay at home disabled dad so i can keep up on removing everything but didn't know if anyone had any experience with one of these in a pool like that and in my many hours of browsing and searching here didn't run across anyone that had.

Any input is greatly appreciated,

Bones n Kat

I don't think debris is much of an issue for an SWG, except your FC demand may be a little higher, but you should keep the FC at the top of your range to cover stuff like that anyway. Drown critters should not be an issue as long as they are "intact" and removed when discovered. A good robotic cleaner should take care of any tree debris you may have on a daily basis.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.