What is this jet/fountain for? Are their attachments?

Dec 7, 2011
Naples, FL
Hello

I was wondering if anyone knew of something that screws on to this or some type of attachment that creates a fountain or an actual water feature, or if not, then what it can be used for? The jet itself is pretty much the same as all the return jets in the pool it just is in a weird place. It is labeled water feature at the valve but to me it seems like something else should be there. Maybe I'm wrong and this is all its supposed to do.
The house was a foreclosure so we do not know if somethin is missing or if that's all it does.

Thanks!

IMAG0722.jpg

Ya I can turn the valve all the way open and close the other return lines it gets as high as it is in that photo, and if I open the other lines too, then it only breaks the surface by a few inches.

I was hoping some kind of cool water feature hooked up to that but sounds like it is a bubbler. So what is the purpose of a bubbler then?

Although some may chime in here with water "tech speak" about the benefits of aerating the water, for us the benefit is that the little ones will really enjoy playing with the water as it bubbles out of the pool. LOL....I guess, if you placed a chair over it just right, it could also serve as a seat cooler. We all love the sound of the bubbling water.

Are you sure that this isn't for a self-cleaning floor jet of some sort?

Hello

I was wondering if anyone knew of something that screws on to this or some type of attachment that creates a fountain or an actual water feature, or if not, then what it can be used for? The jet itself is pretty much the same as all the return jets in the pool it just is in a weird place. It is labeled water feature at the valve but to me it seems like something else should be there. Maybe I'm wrong and this is all its supposed to do.
The house was a foreclosure so we do not know if somethin is missing or if that's all it does.

Thanks!

IMAG0722.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.