New Pool in NC...

The liner is in and we have water! It is going to take a while to fill!

8d333712.jpg

Melt In The Sun said:
Cool - I love those tan liners :goodjob:

OMG! I do too! I will never own a blue one! They are beautiful!

May I suggest you invest in a pair of sunglasses for when you gaze at your sparkly pool! And be careful when outside oogling it in the bright sunlight and going into the house! :mrgreen: SPOTS in vision will occur! :mrgreen:

When I owned my pool, my ex-bil said that it was the brightest, clearest pool he ever saw that it gave him a migraine! :mrgreen: I was so proud that it gave him a head ache! :lol:

Water is still going in.... I turned it of last night at the request of the builder. He came out today and "worked" the liner. He then turned it back on. All looks good. I am guessing that my water supply must be a little weak.....

On another note... look what arrived today! Just ordered it late Tuesday night! Thanks Dave!

dc8157ce.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That my friend is your BEST FRIEND when it comes to pool maintenance! :goodjob: You will put nothing in the pool without it! :-D

I can't wait to see your pool full!

After our team won the county soccer championship (5-6 year olds, my son plays and I coach), my son and I decided to celebrate for a quick swim this afternoon when we got home. Water was still a little cool (77), but we had fun for 10 minutes or so!

Have the pump running now, and should start water balancing tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Manual vacuuming sucks.... Literally! PB came out today (took forever to get our schedules aligned) and taught merge ins and outs of everything. Afterwards I ran the Vac. Took me a while, as it was dirty. Wanted to wait on his instruction, even though I knew how to do it. The Tigershark will be delivered in a few days by the PB.

Really, at this point I am just waiting on concrete on the 25th. I handled the electrical and concrete contracting.

Have not ran a full test yet because the water has been so dirty. FC is still low, and PH is a little low as well. The water is clear, but there was so much dirt I didn't want to waist my test chemistry. If I can get time, I plan to do a full test in the next few days. The only thing in the pool right now is salt and chlorine. Nothing else has been added. I'm amazed at how clear it is.

More to come!

Oh yeah... Water temp dropped to 73, an it almost overflowed last night as we had about 5 inches of rain. I have had the vacuum line running as a siphon for the last few hours and almost have it back to where it needs to be.

My son and I went for a quick dip this afternoon. Got in about 6:15 and before we knew it it was 7:00. The water temp was 75 degrees, but honestly wasnt that bad once you got in and went under.

The area around the pool is a muddy mess thanks to 5 inches of rain. We will have concrete on 5/25, and I am ready! Then I can do the fence and the landscaping (both myself).

I "played around" with the TF-100 today...

FC = Negligible
PH = 7.3
TA = 40
CH = 220
CYA = 0
Salt = 3800 (with test kit), 3100 (according to the "controller")

Which salt number should I go with? The number from the test, or the number from the "controller"? I have been told that the "controller" number is all that matters, because that is what keeps the cell happy. THoughts?

The pool (in my opinion) looks amazingly clear. We have been in it a few times. I imagine the FC is negligible due to no CYA. I knew the CYA would be non existent because the only thing that has been added is salt. The builder told me on Saturday that as long as the water was clear to not do much to it until the concrete is complete (5/25). The water is clear. I am vacuuming about every day, as we still have dirt around the pool, and it ends up in the pool with the slightest wind.

I have been running the Inteliflow Pump at 800 RPM 24/7 (except when vacuuming). I set the timer today to run it at 1400rpm from 6:30AM until 11:00PM. He said that I would most likely have to "play" with this to figure out what my pool liked.

Below are a few pics. Do you guys think I should just stay the course until concrete?

FYI... have been in it about 5 times. Got in it this evening for about an hour (water temp 77 degrees) and loved it!

2d94cb1b.jpg

22207b38.jpg

accc7c33.jpg

Have I told you how much I love these tan liners! :mrgreen: I just love the way the water looks!

Dave

I am going to get started on the CYA today (I hope - after my sons baseball practice).

Casey
Thanks for the kind words. Im very happy with the way it looks, and so is my wife. She was not to sure about a tan colored liner.... said she did not want brown water. LOL.

It's far from brown huh?! :mrgreen:

Did you get that deck poured yet? Hmmmmmmmmm????! We are waiting! :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.