New Weber Grill

May 26, 2011
Orange, TX
So early last year I started doing research on grills as I knew we would be investing in one sometime in the near future. I had picked out the Weber S-670, which is their 6 burner top of the line grill. At this time the economy had just sunk and the price on the grill was around $1,500 the best I can remember. At that time I couldn't afford the grill. So I was looking again about 4 weeks ago and noticed this same grill had increased in price to $2,500. Wow, I surely can't afford it now. Thus, I was determined I would downgrade to the 4 burner S-470 for $1,900 (still more than I really wanted to spend). However, after doing some additonal research I found where an internet appliance company was offering the 2010 model S-670 for $1,900 with free shipping, wait that is the same price as the 4 burner model. So I called weber and asked what was the difference in the 2010 model vs the 2012 model. The answer I got was the only difference is the 2012 model has a digital propane gauge to tell you the quantity of propane left in the tank. Well, I figured I really didn't need that anyway. So I called the internet appliance store and spoke with the salesman and he said they ran out of those a long time ago and it must be a mistake on their webpage. So I didn't think anymore about it and figured I would just end up ordering the 4 burner sometime later. My wife knew about this as well as I had to convince her I needed a new grill right :goodjob: So she checked their website about 2 weeks later and the same offer was still on the webpage. Thus, she decided to order it and see what happens. At worst they would deny the order, or realize this was a mistake and maybe give us a discount on the 4 burner. So after she placed the order we got a confirmation the next day. Wow!! Maybe the sales guy was clueless. A couple days later we get a call from the shipping company that they will be delivering our grill next week. Yesterday the grill arrived. Not only is it the S-670, but it is the S-670 with the digital propane readout. Thus, it is the new model :party: I cooked chicken, sausage, and boudain on it tonight, wow, what a great grill to cook on!!! which I saved $600 on. I won't say the appliance company's name, but it has rainbow in it.

Okay, here is a pic.

photo.jpg

6 knobs for 6 burners.
1 rotisseire burner knob, motor and support tuck away for a nice hidden look.
1 sear burner knob.
1 smoker burner that sits under the dedicated wood box.
Knobs all light up, not really needed, but pretty cool.
Two handle LED lights that automatically come on when you lift the lid. Level sensors. Now that is cool :cheers:
1 Side burner
Digital Propane Gauge

Just need to work on the layout of the outdoor kitchen now. Currently planning on more of a raised bar set up with concrete countertops. But that will have to wait abit....

:roll: your grill surely has it all. I was curious to see the going price of this grill and I got a sticker shock :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You cannot beat Weber's. They last FOREVER. I swear we just got rid of one that I bought in about '86. Just had to buy grids and grills, now and then. Poor thing just got butt ugly! This last purchase was from BBQ's galore, here in so calif? It is called the Captain Cook. Okay, but uneven heat. Next time, back to Weber.

exbcmc said:
You cannot beat Weber's. They last FOREVER. I swear we just got rid of one that I bought in about '86. Just had to buy grids and grills, now and then. Poor thing just got butt ugly! This last purchase was from BBQ's galore, here in so calif? It is called the Captain Cook. Okay, but uneven heat. Next time, back to Weber.

You speak the truth. Webers last FOREVER.

To this day, I cook on a simple, plain ole Weber kettle grill....

Bought in 1980!! :shock:

It's not fancy, it doesn't have knobs and bells and whistles...it just holds charcoal, and controls heat by the simplest of methods...

And
I
Love
It

Webers rule.

Well I'm impressed by Weber.. The grill has been great and cooking on it has been awesome. However, all the stainless steel exterior parts started developing rust spots/blemishes :grrrr: . (It stays under the covered patio, but may get some spash rain from heavy wind) I had been using stainless steel appliance wipes to clean the exterior. I'm wondering if these wipes weren't causing the problem. Anyway I emailed Weber to basically ask what they recommended to clean the exterior of the grill with and explained the situation. Told them I had been using the SS appliance wipes. They responded and said to send them some photos and they would replace all the effected pieces under warranty :shock: . They also said the SS appliance cleaner was what they recommended. Well I really didn't want to disassemble the entire grill and also felt this was a little over the top. I decided to try cleaning again, but this time I used WD-40 and a scotch brite pad. After the WD-40 soaked on the spots for a minute and a little scrubbing they came right off. Now the grill looks brand new once again :whoot: So going forward I think I will clean and protect the exterior SS surfaces with WD-40, just careful not to get any on the food, or set food on these surfaces. Sent Weber an email with the details and told them they could cancel the ticket and to pass along the info if anyone else had these type problems. Thus, thought I would pass along here as well if anyone needs to clean rust spots or blemishes off the outdoor SS appliances WD-40 and scotch brite.

I have the 4-burner black enamel version and agree, these grills are the best. Used to have a stainless Jenn-Air, but it was hard to keep clean and the lighter didn't always work (a pet peeve). My favorite feature is the Weber lighter; when you click the lighter it doesn't produce a spark, but an actual blowtorch that ignites the gas. It has never failed to light the grill and I love that!

Starplex:

Do you have a cover for the grill? If so, do these stains show up even if the unit is kept under the cover? I've had a stainless Members Mark (Sam's Club) grill for 10 years that still looks great. I've kept it covered any time I am not using it, but it stays outside and is not under a patio cover or the like. A good cover really does help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.