Wiring Single Speed to 2 Speed

maxepr1

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2011
DFW
Got a wiring question for you guru's! I currently has a SS Whisperflo and am wanting to go to a 2 speed Whisperflo. My automation system in a Aqualogic P4 system with 4 relays. I currently have all 4 used. One for the filter, one for the lights, one for the Polaris and one for a dedicated Whisperflo waterfall. The Lights and the waterfall I have manual switches at my back door that I turn on/off to control those features, so the buttons on the Aqualogic panel stay on ON all summer long. My question is can I take the wires out of the LIGHTS relay and just twist them together essentially making the hot all the time(which it is during the summer anyway) and use the switch for the lights and now the free relay to control low speed for the new pump? Then I could use the lights timer function for my low speed control. Thanks

PoolGuy, after a little more investigation there is no timer function for the lights? But I do have Filter T2 timer, which I'm not using. Is there a way I rewire my light relay to Filter T2 to use that for my low speed timer control?

The only way it would work for you to control your new Whisperflo dual-speed pump’s low speed from the light relay on your Aqua Logic system is if your light configuration has a low speed function option. To find out if your system has this, you should go into your Aqua Logic menu, go to the configuration menu and pull up the lights configuration menu. If a low speed function is an option, your idea will work. If it’s not, it means your Aqua Logic revision is too old to accommodate.

As for using your filter’s T2 timer to control the low speed, that is not an option. These timer functions are not designed to control high and low speeds on a pump.

Blakej, if would look in my signature it is a P4 system, doesn't have a speed function, too old. That's the reason for borrowing a relay from the lights. But there is no timer function for the lights so there would be no automation. It would be the same thing as just putting in a switch. What's the point of automation then if I have to go out everyday and flip it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.