replacing liner

Can we really do it, is it as easy as it sounds??
Yes, but I wouldn't call it easy. You'll need plenty of help and you'll probably struggle getting all the wrinkles out of the deep end.

I found two vacuums helped a lot rather than one. I have a large pool and used 8 helpers. Coulda' done it with 5-6 but with eight it went reasonably well. I've done it twice and it was MUCH easier the second time.l

If you do a lot of DIY stuff and you have help, it's well within your capability. Plan on a full morning of pretty hard work.

Thanks, Duraleigh
I think we will attempt it. Just didn't want to get into a mess w/ advertising making something impossible, 'easy'!
Also, they are selling 20 or 28/20 mil liners. What can you tell me about them? I am in Illinois with freezing in the winter.
Thanks Kay

How do you think your sand bottom is? Does it need repair?

IMHO, I would pay to have the liner replaced. I don't like spending money, but in this case, replacing a pool liner, bottom drain, getting the wrinkles out, ground water problems, etc. is a job. Let the people that do it for a living handle it.

Just check on their guarantee.

Like I said, just my opinion.

Kay,

I'm not sure about the liner thickness. My thinking is that thicker is better but thicker will be harder to install, too. Someone else may have better advice.

Hotrod brings up a good point. I assumed you had a vermiculite bottom and not sand. I would hesitate a little more if it was a sand bottom.....that requires a little more carefullness.

Kay, welcome to TFP!!

I quite recently responded to a similar situation over at PF here's the link http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=8263

I've installed a lot of liners and should be able to help you with yours - the stuff in the link is just to keep me from having to retype it all, if you have questions not answered there or questions specific to your pool just ask them here and I'll give you my best answer.

Again welcome here and I hope your pool always remains trouble free :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.