Advice????

Jul 14, 2011
hey guys in need of some info, what i need to know is when is the soonest i can put our pool up. i bought a 7mth old pool from my neighbor who just got transfered to a new state. i got the pool at a steal and he already bought the new liner to go with it. my problem is 4-19-2012 i have leg surgery and will be in a air cast for 8 weeks. i would like to get it up mid march and just fill 50% of the way up to keep the walls sturdy.

here in va it will be low 70s one day then 60 the next with lows still in the 40s in march.. i have herd place the liner in a warm room for a week and then on a sunny day lay it out in the sun while i put the walls up. so with all of this said when could i do this without having a problem with the liner?

also whats the best way to move the sand filter should i scoop all the sand out to make sure nothing gets broke inside?.

thanks guys

You can carefully vacuum out the sand with a shop vac and try to keep everything intact. Make sure all your site prep is complete before attempting to set up the pool and pick a time when you are expected to have warm, sunny weather for a few days. As long as the weather is not cold you should be ok.

im putting a pad down for the bottom im just worried about the temps for the liner. you said a few warm days what would you consider warm? lets say 3-4 days between 60-70 with lowes of 50's. also should i just go ahead and filll it all the way up or just half way?

If you have an overlap liner, it won't make much a difference. Its the beaded liner that needs the temp to be over 60 for the 1st foot of water. This sets the liner, Once at this point, the temp won't matter if its in the 40s, 50s, etc..., as long as it isn't freezing out, you will be fine.

Scott

PoolGuyNJ said:
If you have an overlap liner, it won't make much a difference. Its the beaded liner that needs the temp to be over 60 for the 1st foot of water. This sets the liner, Once at this point, the temp won't matter if its in the 40s, 50s, etc..., as long as it isn't freezing out, you will be fine.

Scott

thanks scott this is a big help for me with the surgery coming up. im working on the ground now a lil at a time to be perfect level. also do you think i should go ahead and filll her up half way or all the way? oh any advice on moving the sand filter should i take all the sand out before the move?

Definitely remove the sand. If you didn't you would destroy the up pipe or laterals as well as give yourself a hernia and break the base. A good shop vac is the tool to use. Do it when the sand is dry if possible. Cover the up pipe so sand doesn't get inside when refilling. Using new pool sand is a good idea. Make sure it's dry though or it will be hard to pour.

Scott

ProPoolGuy said:
There may be a few more steps than your bargaining for... your transferring an above ground "doughboy style" pool?
You may want to inspect the inlet/outlet gaskets, skimmer gasket, 4ft coving sections (recommended to use, instead of sand) and Coping strips.

Maybe this can help... http://www.doughboy-pools.com/Videos/Ov ... ation.aspx
i will be getting a new skimmer gaskets and the rest as well the coping strips should stilll be good the pool is was put up in july

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.