waterway eyeball fittings

Feb 12, 2012
We had our pool redone after 34 years and the Eyeball fittings they installed won't rotate. They are made by Waterway and are in the color of dark grey. Out older ones moved easily to change the water flow direction for the Zodiac Cleaner. My question is does anyone know if they make these fittings that do not freely so you can change the flow or are new pieces just stiff and hard to move?

If they are waterway I think they are the screw in kind. It might be a good idea to loosen the with a wrench and the pump off, and apply a little lube, then tighten them lightly with the pump on - hand tight only.

Lershac said:
If they are waterway I think they are the screw in kind. It might be a good idea to loosen the with a wrench and the pump off, and apply a little lube, then tighten them lightly with the pump on - hand tight only.

I typically grab a long handled screwdriver and use that for leverage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.