My On-Line Pool Project Profile

Aug 16, 2008
Cave Creek, AZ
I’ve already announced my self in the Greetings section a while back and didn’t feel right posting this there since it will be getting into more details, so if this isn’t the correct area, I’ll apologize in advance.

The goal of this post is three fold...

First and foremost – I’d like to brag on my pool and show it off. I’m pretty proud of having clean clear water with minimal effort involved in maintenance. I’m also pretty proud of the pool too. It’s a big pool in a small yard and I think it just about maximizes the space that there was to work with.

Secondly, I wanted a common point to refer back to when I post questions and comments in other parts of this incredibly valuable web site (I have learned a LOT here). Laying down my particular pool basics and statistics may help others in understanding their own pool as well as help people that are helping me because now they can see the pool and parts that my pool is made of. Think of it as my pools very own online profile.

Third, I want people who are prospective pool shoppers and people that are thinking about changes to their pool to be able to see what is possible. As you know, any and all pools are an ongoing project. Hopefully this will become my master list of issues and problems as well as achievements and miracles.

The Basics:
Year Built – 1998
Type – In Ground (very hard packed and rocky desert soil)
Sanitation – Chlorine (floating 3” tabs) with Pool Perfect Plus
Type – Plaster over Gunite
Pump – Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP (Edit - Updated this on 02-24-12 when new pump installed)
Filter - Triton II Sand Filter. System runs at about a constant 20 PSI
Power – 240v Pump / 120v Light, all electric, no gas (for heater).
Temp Hi/Lo – 90 Deg in July and Aug, 50 Deg in January and February
Size – 24’L by 19’W
Depth – 4’ on either end, and 5’6” near the drains.
Gallons – 20,000 (if my math is correct and not factoring for stairs and underwater seating – please feel free to correct me)
Features: Two underwater seating areas, Caretaker 99 Pool Cleaners, In ground leaf vac, suction side Kreepy Krawler, aerator (useless?), single skimmer, light with dimmer and motion detector, cool deck decking material, auto fill.

Pool Views:
Pool-2.jpg

Pool-3.jpg
Pool-4.jpg

Pool-5.jpg
Pool-6.jpg

Hardware:
Drains.jpg
Light.jpg

Dual%2520Bright%2520Motion%2520Detector.jpg

Plumbing, Filter, Pump:
Filter%2520and%2520Plumbing.jpg
Filter%2520and%2520Pump.jpg

Filter%2520Data.jpg
Pump%2520Data.jpg

Pump%2520Motor.jpg
Timer.jpg

Safety:
Pool%2520Latch.jpg
Safety%2520Fence.jpg

Plants!
Queen%2520Palm.jpg
Pigmy%2520Palm.jpg

Chillin and Grillin!
Grillin.jpg
Chillin.jpg

Thanks for checking out my pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.