Jan 29, 2012
I plan on installing my own fencing around our new pool that is going to be installed in Pennsylvania. Anyone have any opinions on where to purchase quality fencing at. I have looked online, and a lot of the pool contractors do not recommend buying fencing from Lowes or Home depot.

Thanks
Wheelman :roll:

Wheelman,

Not sure where you are from, but just had ours installed by PB (6' Privacy). He go the material from Masterpiece Fence in Philipsburg, PA. Not sure if they sell direct, but their product is solid, 100% virgin and cost effective. Contact is:

Masterpiece Fence & Deck Co
311 Walton Street, Philipsburg, PA 16866-2529
(814) 342-1100 ‎

Give it a shot.

What kind of fence you want? Wood, vinyl, chain?

FWIW, unless your code requires 6 feet, I'd go with 5 foot. I did 6 foot vinyl and it's a little high. Asthetically, 5 foot just looks better.

Also, a fence with proper gates, latches, etc is a fairly difficult project. You can DIY it, but it's not for someone without some outdoor hardscape experience.

wheelman73 said:
Thanks for the info. We plan to install the fence ourselves. I appreciate the help.

Wheelman

What type of materials? Just realize that it can be a difficult project if you want it to look good. As I said, it is DIY-able, but on a scale of 1-10, i'd give it about a 6 depending on materials used, the kind of soil, grade of the yard, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.