How many tests in a K-2006 kit

This might sound odd but I have not been able to find anywhere how many tests approx you will get from the standard taylor K-2006 kit. Would one of the taylor kit users be able to tell me. The reason I ask is I am in Australia and have to order the kit from the US. If I test at least once a week for most tests will the reagents last a year or should I order more reagents now and save the huge postage costs they charge to ship to Australia.

The K-2006 uses 22 mL reagents.
There are 572 drops per 22 mL reagent.
You will be using more of one reagent than another while performing a test.
For example, for 100 ppm TA water you'll be using 2 drops R-0007, 5 drops R-0008 and 10 drops R-0009.
So the number of TA tests you can do depends ultimately on how fast you run out of R-0009.
For each test the number of drops available (for 25 mL sample) is shown here:
numberoftests.jpg

The lowest number in the "number of tests per reagent" column indicates the number of tests you would ultimately be able to perform with 22 mL reagents.
Your mileage may vary of course depending on the actual makeup of the water and sample size (10 or 25 mL) , you'll run out of R-0009 faster if the TA is 300 than 20 of course.

The R-0870 is 10 grams and will do about 20 to 25 tests. The K-2006C (Commercial) comes with two bottles of R-0870. There are larger sizes of the R-0870 available.

The K-2006 comes with two bottles of R-0013, which will allow 6 tests to be performed.

The information I had was that 50 milligrams of DPD were required per *test* (I didn't note the source at that time) I have since then corrected that to 50 milligrams per *scoop* of DPD powder, 2 scoops are required. I've corrected the chart.

CaOCl2 said:
There are 572 drops per 22 mL reagent.
This implies 26 drops per milliliter but when I asked Taylor what the drop size should be and when I measured it in my own Taylor kit I got 24 drops per milliliter which is what they told me it should be (i.e. 24 +/- 1 drops per milliliter). So I think you should use 24 instead of 26 so that would be 528 drops per 22 ml reagent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.