Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: autopilot manifold plumbing

1. Back To Top    #1

autopilot manifold plumbing

I am looking for some help with plumbing for the autopilot manifold assy. The PB plumbed the equipment pad today and has 90 degree bends at each end of the assy.....no straight pipe at all. I can't find anything about this in the install manual and cust service was closed by the time I got home today. Any help would be appreciated. Hope the photo helps. Thanks in advance!
    inground liner Grecian "L"
    34000 gallons
    1 HP whisperflo, TA100 sand filter
    Autopilot digital SWG, SC-60 cell
    Hayward Colorlogic LED lights

2. Back To Top    #2
    A photo would help, but I don't see one.

If there is not a place in the pipe where you can insert the manifold you will need to create one by running the pipe off to the side and back.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tried to attach a photo but the file was too large to post and didn't really have time to figure out how to make it smaller. The manifold is installed...it just doesn't have any amount of straight pipe before or after. Elbows pretty much attach to each end of the manifold. The flow meter I have requires a certain amount of straight pipe before and after the mounting location and I was concerned that the manifold needed the same thing. Thanks!
    inground liner Grecian "L"
    34000 gallons
    1 HP whisperflo, TA100 sand filter
    Autopilot digital SWG, SC-60 cell
    Hayward Colorlogic LED lights