Very Large Residential Pool Help?!?!?

why is ozone not very useful in an outdoor pool? i seem to read that a lot here but don't see the explanation why being outdoors makes it ineffective. can someone shine a light on this? or a link to an explanation?

In an outdoor pool you have so much UV striking the pool burning off stuff already that the little bit ozone you produce is of no consequence. The chlorine and UV don't need any help.

In an indoor pool it's a little more helpful because there is little to no UV striking the pool from the sun so the byproducts of sanitation aren't getting burned off as fast and therefore the ozone helps some.

I hope this one gets built, should be an interesting build and a really fun pool. I watched a show a while back that featured a pool like you are describing. I think the show was called Top 10 most awasome pools or something like that. I'm going to google it and see what I come up with.

Late nights at TFP on the laptop. Was this pool ever built?

Casey, let me say, welcome to the late night TFP experience. Since I didn't see this post from old I guess I need to get on the stick!!

I agree that I would love to know if this pool went forward too. I simply can't imagine how one would have to have their ducks lined up inorder to have a good, successful build. I have noticed that a good portion of folks from north Texas all the way to DFW have pools.....just not "that" big of pools.

Bob E.

I work 12's from 6:45p=6:45a Burgh time and I go through the forums, sometimes back to the beginning just to read and look to see if I missed anything. One thing I've noticed is that there are so many threads started and left abandoned IMO. If I raisied every abandoned build thread to see how they ended, Dave n Jason would hang me out to dry! :mrgreen: lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.