Help Finding a Wall Return for Concrete Pool w/ Vinyl Liner

AlanH

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2010
Nicaragua
I'm working on a first time build of a concrete (actually ferrocement) shell pool with a vinyl liner. I'm having a bit of difficulty finding a wall return fitting for this type of construction. It's probably only difficult because the product descriptions, photos/diagrams and installation instructions I've found so far are either very simplistic or non-existent. I also live in a country that doesn't have any kind of a pool store that I can browse through to get an idea of what may work.

What I've been able to find is shown in the two photos below. Photo one (Wall Return 1) is a product by Certikin (Europe) and seems to be what I want, except that the price, shipping and import duties make it rather expensive. So, could I use the Pentair product shown in photo 2 (Wall Return 2) -- the configuration being an appropriate eyeball fitting, installed in the wall return fitting, connected to 1.5" PVC pipe of a length to pass through the concrete wall (using the appropriate 1.5" threaded/slip union to connect the wall return fitting with the pipe)? Does this make sense? Are there alternatives from your experience that you know about? Thanks.

Attachments

• Wall Return 1.jpg
    Wall Return 1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Wall Return 2.jpg
    Wall Return 2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 61
Re: Help Finding a Wall Return for Concrete Pool w/ Vinyl Li

Thanks Scott. Hayward, Pentair and Waterway have practically identical fittings. Just wanted to make sure any one of them could be used.

Alan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.