Pavers beside an above ground

Feb 5, 2012
I have seen pictures of people burying an above ground pool with pavers level to the edge? How is this done when I thought the water needed to higher than the ground by 12 inches ? What is this newbie missing ? I would like to get the inground look on one side of our 24 ft round with old castle portage stone. We are setting into a gradual slope so the other half with just be normal above ground pool. Can this even be done without it falling in ? :flower:

Some above ground pools are rated by the mfg to be buried. If you're only building up one side of the pool with dirt I'd think you'd be fine to do it. You'll have to be aware in the future if you ever have to drain it because the dirt will exert some pressure on the sidewall.

Hi,
We installed on a very un-level site and found it worked out great, we are building a rock patio on the "high side" and we have a wooden deck the rest of the way around.
See the pics of pool with deck in my other post: http://www.troublefreepool.com/ag-pool-to-backfill-or-not-t36682.html
The rock patio is being built on the side where the top of the pool is almost level with the ground...we will post pics when its done.

Mixed materials look really nice around a pool!

We started digging and the high side will be about a foot above the ground. Main reason we hit serious rocks. :grrrr: I'd love to see your patio meeks. I'm having a hard time picturing our patio now that it didn't work out as planned. :hammer:

oh man, hand digging....yikes. It will be worth it in the end. We haven't done the patio part yet, but i will post pictures when its done. Here are the pics of the lay of the land and why we had to dig several feet to level and the deck is done. see my prior post showing just the pool and then the last pics show the deck added all around, the rock patio will begin where the deck meets the ground on the high side, we decided the deck wasn't big enough, never big enough::::http://www.troublefreepool.com/ag-pool-to-backfill-or-not-t36682.html

Attachments

• IMG_0977.JPG
    IMG_0977.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 314
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.