Need help understanding parts needed

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
TFP:

I am interested in getting a SWG this year. I am currently considering either the CPSC36 or CPSC48. If I buy the kit as listed here:

CPSC36

is there anything else i need to buy to complete the install? Ignoring any pipe and/or wire to connect it into the system.

Not sure i should post a new topic, but do you think it would be possible for me to wire the unit into my Intermatic timer myself? I don't know a whole lot about home electricity but i have installed many light switches, ceiling fans, lights, etc.

If you've installed the type electrical devices you state you should be able to install the swcg without a problem.

I'd opt for the CPSC48 because it's a slightly better buy, but the 36 should be enough for your pool.

The CompuPool owners manual doesn't explain how to actually use it. From the wiring instructions it looks as though the device receives power only when the pump is turned on by the pump timer. What is the timer in the CompuPool box doing? What happens if I manually turn on my pump, or change it's schedule? Do I have to synch something in the CompuPool?

I'm not familiar with the internal timer. I've got it wired to the external timer, when the pump comes on so does the SWCG. The manual is written for external timer use. It doesn't do anything when it comes (set for external timer). You don't have to synch anything in the SWCG. My pump does 1 turnover in about 5 hours and that is what my pump is running. I have the SWCG set at 30%. In the summer I have to run the SWCG at 70%. Last year I ran for about 8 hours, I'll see how the water looks, we swim in the after noon, I like the pump running when people are swimming. So I may adjust my pump run time to later in the day.

If you don't use an external timer the internal one will start the pump and turn on the unit. I prefer the internal as it's one less thing to deal with and everything is in a nice neat package. You can use an external timer if you choose to and the swcg will start when it receives power.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.