Goldline Aqua Pod Remote Control Battery replacement?

According to the manual it has a Li-Ion battery and they don't offer replacement. If you're adventurous you can take it apart and probably find a replacement that will work. However it may not be waterproof anymore once you put it back together.

PoolGuyNJ said:
If your's was purchased as a systems, i.e. pump, filter, automation, etc... at the same time, the warranty is extended to 3 years. You may have to prove it to Hayward first though.

Scott

Scott,

Everything was purchased when my pool was put in less than 2 hrs. Just the Automation is Goldline/Hayward Aquarite system. pump and filter is Pentair.

Well, Hayward is giving the same canned response on my phone call. Their manual stares 3 years, but they are in siting that my remote is not covered.
I am going to give serious thought in taking them to small claims court on this matter. I am beyond ****** with their customer service. There manual even states 5 yrs of battery life.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the same issue. I just moved into a home with a pool/spa and my AquaPod dies right when I remove it from the charger. I'm forced to buy another one for over $350 if I want it or just keep using this one and always have it plugged into the charger. This is Haywards version of the Iphone. Make the battery non-replaceable, so you're forced to buy a brand new one.

I have had a similar issue with my Aqua Pod remote. My pool was installed 2 years ago this June. I found cleaning the contacts on the back of the remote and on the charging cradle with the eraser on a #2 pencil fixed my problem. Just rub the eraser on the contacts.

It wasn't the battery. The charger was making poor contact with the remote. I have to do this every couple of months now, but it fixed the problem.

First post :wave:

I'm having the same issue with shortening battery life, though still lasts about 2 hrs. My aquapod is about 3 yrs old and I have given it moderate usage. I'm going to try the pencil eraser to the contacts trick.

I found this video which may help someone; no specific info on which battery but maybe worth a try when it finally dies prior to shelling out $360 for a new remote:

[youtube:2w27h0l5]YX65hPhsWTw[/youtube:2w27h0l5]

I watched the video and took my AquaPod apart preserving the rubber strip in one piece. I removed the battery and contacted the manufacturer in Germany. They wouldn't give any info on replacement. Went to Battery+Bulbs and found a Lithium Polymer battery for a GPS. RayOVac 10023 for GPS units. It was longer than the original. I spliced it on using the connector for the original battery. I had to position it in a different place to get it to fit. I used double stick tape to keep it in place and give it some thermal separation from the circuits. I re-assembled the remoter and put it on the charger. It immediately came to life and started charging. Works great! I'm going to reseal it with silicone glue but won't put it in water again.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    297.7 KB · Views: 282
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 232
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 211
Hello All,

I have successfully replaced the battery in an AQL2-POD2 remote unit.
Given the unit's original housing integrity, it is still water tight.
The result is a unit working with an even better battery capacity than when the unit was brand new.

Please note: an improperly sourced replacement battery could be dangerous and result in fires.

Please feel free to message me as I offer this repair to folks who are interested.

Attachments

• 20210521_181906.jpg
    20210521_181906.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 14
Hello All,

I have successfully replaced the battery in an AQL2-POD2 remote unit.
Given the unit's original housing integrity, it is still water tight.
The result is a unit working with an even better battery capacity than when the unit was brand new.

Please note: an improperly sourced replacement battery could be dangerous and result in fires.

Please feel free to message me as I offer this repair to folks who are interested.
Could you please give me the replacement battery part number?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.