Need help with Saline Pool information?

Butterfly

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2007
South Carolina
Our FAK (Favorite Aunt Kitty) lives in NC, 77 yrs. old, and has a huge IG pool to care for. The following is a copy of the bulk of her email to us. Looking to the TFP folks for help in giving her an answer!

"Are you familiar with saline pools?? One of my nieces' dad who lives in southern Georgia, had his in-ground pool converted over to saline. One has to get a gizmo to attach to the return flow and uses rock salt (same kind used as water softner), and you keep your sand filter for filtering. He keeps his open all year and says it cost him less that $200 a year so doesn't have to worry 'bout all the other chemicals. The water is soft and doesn't smell of chlorine, and all that goes with it. I looked it up on line, but you know me, I don't understand this electrolysis stuff. The local pool companies won't tell you about it as they want to sell their chemicals. Let me know what you think, OK"

I told her we would ask the gurus at TFP for help. Thanks in advance.

Joyce

It sounds like you have some reading to do. Try starting with the Stickies, see the link in the sub-heading of each page.

We like SWG systems around here but they do still require paying attention to the chemistry, just not as frequently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.