Electrical Issue

Gunnert

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 1, 2012
Installing a 17k gal fiberglass pool this summer. Power requirements will be for Intelliflo Pump and Chorinator, and LED light. Still undecided about wiring straight to panel or via Easytouch. Issue is I want to wire from a sub panel installed in detached garage (100amp box). Length of run is about 5 feet (sub panel is is on interior where pool pad will be). In the garage I have two post lift (30amp breaker), IR compressor (30 amp breaker) and 4 20 amp lighting/outlet circuits. I'm no electrician but I "think" I'll have a problem with adding an Easytouch and getting it inspected. Thoughts/suggestion? Help?

It'll be ok. As long as you have two slots on your subpanel, put in a 60 amp breaker to feed the Easytouch, thats plenty out there at the pool. With a 100 amp subpanel, you have 24,000 watts (actually 21,600 if you de-rate 10%) to work with. The breakers dont add, its the watts you pull that count. As long as the total watts dont exceed ~22,000 or so, it's fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.