Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hello everyone!

I covered my pool yesterday for the first time and this is the first time I have ever used a pool cover.... (Still new pool owner)

Today i have 6-8 inches of water on the pool cover. Do pool covers let water through them and do they have to be regularly pumped out?

Thanks!

Looks like you have a solid cover since you have 8in of water on top of the cover. Some covers are mesh. My solid cover came with a "Rule Pool Cover Pump" that keeps the pool cover dry and it works well. It auto cycles and stays running if it senses water in the pump suction. Attached is a source on Amazon

Attachments

• Pool cover pump.JPG
    Pool cover pump.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 113
I will pump it out and see if it fills up again... it might have been when the pool pump came on, it poured water onto it from the spa's overflow...

Thanks for all the help!

Suley said:
I will pump it out and see if it fills up again... it might have been when the pool pump came on, it poured water onto it from the spa's overflow...

Thanks for all the help!

Ah! Pump back into the pool under the cover when you do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.