Polaris Sweep shoots water out of tail

Sep 13, 2007
Hi,

I have a Polaris 280 and when it's working, it splashes water all the way to my windows, about 10' (leaving a water stain).
The pool guy recommended a 'weight' for the sweep. The photo (see link) shows the weight at the beginning of the tail and not at the end like I thought it was suppose to be.

What do I need to do to resolve this issue? How can I modify the tail (if need be)?

Thanks in advance.

http://pix.kg/p/628722432507%3A213397418/sct

The tail should have a scrubber on the very end. That's just a cylinder shaped sponge that fits over the very end. That will help some due to the added weight of the wet sponge. When the 280 climbs the wall and starts down again the tail usually sprays water out and I'm not sure you can stop that completely.

You can adjust the amount of water going to the tail by turning the adjusting screw. The tail should just sway slowly from side to side. If it is whipping around or comes off the bottom as it sweeps you need to reduce the water flow by turning the adjusting screw clockwise about 1/2 turn at a time until you get it right.

P.S. You can buy the tail scrubber at any pool supply store, but they charge $3.00 for a 5 cent piece of sponge.

Or get one of these! :-D

[attachment=0:2hieweag]tailsweeppro(2).JPG[/attachment:2hieweag]

It will work more efficiently and with the built in diffuser, will reduce the spraying of the windows.

Attachments

• tailsweeppro(2).JPG
    tailsweeppro(2).JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 154
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.