Just received my TF100, here's my readings

Gardog

Feb 17, 2008
FC-5
CC-0
PH-7.5
TA-80
CYA-45

I didn't realize the difference between this test kit & the ones you get at WM. I understand now why you guys recommend getting a high quality test kit. I think everything looks good (i'm not really sure) except for my CC. Any suggestions on what I need to do?

Thanx,

Gdog

I'm BBB all the way now. My water looks much better than it did when I used all the pool store chems.
Thanx for the quick response. I guess I just need to maintain with bleach now right?

Gdog

I guess I just need to maintain with bleach now right?
That'll be about it. Many pools will tend to show a little pH rise (mine does) but it's pretty slow....I add acid about once a month, if that.

You should be able to use the small block test for chlorine and pH every other day or so for a little, then you'll probably know how much chlorine to add without even testing. Probably once a month, break out the whole kit and do all the tests to make sure everything is still in line.

Of course, if your water quality shows some deterioration, do a full set of tests right away. Thanks again for your business.

Gardog said:
I didn't realize the difference between this test kit & the ones you get at WM. I understand now why you guys recommend getting a high quality test kit.g
SHOUT IT FROM THE MOUNTAINTOPS! HALLELUJAH BROTHER, HALLELUJAH AND AMEN :-D !

I did another test today, (this is really fun) & my CH is 1600. I didn't check this the first time & just did it out of curiosity. What would cause this reading to be so high? My water is really clear. Is this something to be worried about? I'm using a vinyl liner & I am using BBB.

Gdog

What would cause this reading to be so high?

Gdog,

Operator error!! :lol: :lol: Please don't take that as a smart a** remark.....there is a pretty good chance that's the issue.

Review the procedures and make sure you're using the right chemistry. When you first get the kit, it's pretty easy to get the wrong bottle or do the math wrong or some little thing that will throw off your results.

I have never seen CH that high posted here on the forum.....let's hope it's not really accurate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.