IntelliChlor IC20 no LEDs lit

Jan 29, 2012
Today I noticed none of the LEDs on my IC20 are lit. They were on about three weeks ago when I last checked it. I am located in Central FLorida and have a 15K gallon in ground pool with standard drains/returns...no built in cleaning system.

Any ideas of where to start?

The pump is running and the breaker to the cell is not tripped. I will acquire the proper fuse this week and install it...but I have a feeling it will pop. I spoke to an authorized Pentair service tech and he indicated that is the fuse blows again it's probably the cell causing it.

I've searched online and found pricing at approx. $500+. I've also searched on how to crack one of these open and troubleshoot.

Thanks for your response...

I am having this same problem. The power center appears to be fine, fuse is fine, green led in power center is lit. The cell seems to be dead. No lights at all. Not clogged. I appreciate any help.

About 2 weeks after posting this, water started leaking from within the IC20...not from either end where the pipe junctions are...from within. I guess the same will eventually happen to yours too, Anywayt I shopped around locally and could not find anything cheapear the $507 (no including tax). I order one on EBAY for $472 with free s&h. It should be here by next week.

The new unit is install and working great.

I ordered it off EBAY @ $471.95 w/ free s&h from:
A1 Pool Supply
PO BOX 230958
LAS VEGAS, Nevada 89105-0958
866-900-7665

They were the cheapest I could find, at that time...even cheaper than from the guy who built my pool!

I took apart the old one, thinking I could figure out what went wrong, but the inerds are sealed farily well.

I hope this information helps you.

I am having the same issue as others, no lights on cell but power supply appears to be functioning because green light is on. I replaced the fuse just be sure but that didn't fix the problem. When the cell goes bad do all the lights on the cell stop functioning?

Yes they do. In my case, the fuse was blown so I replaced it. As soon as I applied power, the LEDs on the IC20 came one for less than a second and then all of them went out. Hence the fuse was blown, again. When I called a local pool company for some advice they mentioned this sounds like the IC20 rather than the Power Connect.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm having same problem with my IC20 suddenly no lights but status light is on on Easy Touch. Went to Diagnostics and it shows Com Link Error on display. Is that also a sign of a bad cell? Hate to buy a new one unless its something else. No fuses on my system, just circuit breaker which is not tripped.

I'm having same problem with my IC20 suddenly no lights but status light is on on Easy Touch. Went to Diagnostics and it shows Com Link Error on display. Is that also a sign of a bad cell? Hate to buy a new one unless its something else. No fuses on my system, just circuit breaker which is not tripped.

That typically means there is no power getting to the IC20. Check your connections. Also be sure it is set in the ET to be on.

T,

No lights at all indicate the unit is not getting any power. When it does not get power the EasyTouch will report a "No Com" error because it can't talk to the cell.

If wired correctly, the cell will only get power when the pump is running. The cell should be getting its power from the load side of the Pump/Filter relay.

So, with the pump running I'd make sure that the load side of the Pump/Filter relay has power. (220 or 110 volts depending on how you transformer is wired..)

This also assumes your EasyTouch has the built in power supply... There is also a small circuit breaker in the upper right side of the front panel on the ET that you should check..

Jim R.

My IC20 has no lights lit. The fuse was bad, and it was a bear to remove. The plastic plug crumbled when trying to remove. Ordered a new assembly on Amazon for $20. New plug wouldn't fit old holder so had to replace the whole component. Also a lot of fun. Now the light is lit in the power unit but still not on cell. I assume cell is bad as it is 5 yrs and that seems to be the norm. My question is this. I checked the power connection at the power unit and when removing I noticed visible moisture. Also some corrosion and even a burnt smell. Does the new cell come with this receptacle or does it have to be purchased separately. Could water intrusion caused the cell failure? We just went though hurricane Irma and everything saw more moisture than usual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.