Cracks in Surcrete

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
Our surcrete is barely a year old and has several cracks in it. Two of them run from the flagstone coping out to the yard. One even appears to go right through the coping. I am concerened that if it has this many cracks in one year, what will it look like in three? Anyone have any info. on this? I am wondering if this is typical of this type of decking? The PB is suppose to come out this week to take a look. I would appreciate any insight on this before I meet with PB. Thanks so much

March08021.jpg

March08014.jpg

March08013.jpg

March08016.jpg

Andrea, that's very typical, especially in our part of the country. As the ground below moves, the concrete shifts and causes the concrete to crack.

I have similar cracks around my pool as well. The only thing you can do is make sure you have enough expansion joints in your deck, but even then, you will still get some hairline cracks. If they really bother you, you could probably fill the cracks and re-paint those areas.

We'll probably have ours re-surfaced after a number of years, but otherwise, I'm not going to mess with it. It's just surface cracking and as long as the deck doesn't become uneven, I wouldn't worry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.