Bonita Springs, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a Hayward Ecostar VS pump that is controlled with a Goldline Pro-Logic using the communication interface. I read in a post on this forum that the pump should be wired directly to the breaker and not wired to the Pro-Logic pump relay:

1. I'd like to know if wiring directly to the breaker instead of the Pro-Logic relay is correct;

2. If I bypass the Pro-Logic relay, then does the communication interface detect low/no flow to the pump and it would shutoff the pump?

Thanx

Rick

1. Ok, I did read that but I didn't know if page 9 was for a stand alone application without using a Goldline Pro-Logic controller. Sometimes when they write the manuals they are just specific to that product and don't take into consideration other installation options;

2. Again, if the pump is being controlled by the Goldline Pro-Logic controller with the communication cable, does that supersede the controller on the pump. I know that the pump speeds on the pump are locked out when using the Goldline Pro-Logic controller with the communication cable.

1. It is a direct connection as shown here: http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals ... gement.pdf

2. The ProLogic interface cable connection only disables certain features but not the error detection in the pump controller and none of the safety features (SVRS). The connection allows you to program the pump from the ProLogic but it also reports the errors generated by the pump drive. So if there is any error in the pump, it should be displayed on the ProLogic display.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.