How deep should be an inground pool?

Most residential pools that have a deep area for diving have a fairly steep sloping wall coming up to the shallow part of the pool. Even though the water maybe deep enough for diving, a person (particularly a tall ,athletic one) can easily dive at an angle to strike that sloping wall. Unfortunately having spent my entire life in emergency services, I know this all too well. It is the reason many insurance companies require a diving board be removed from residential pools.
I too have a steep sloping wall into the deep end (9.5') with a fairly large deep end bowl (more than 20' in dia) and diving board. The rule in my pool is no diving off the board by anyone who has gone through puberty. Cannonballs only for them off the diving board (and my son has some large, athletic friends). Even with a fairly large deep end, I want to insure no one strikes the sloping wall.

Ours goes from 3.5 ft to about 4ft 8inches and is perfect for us. The wife has a metal knee and it is great for walking. I will never build a pool where I could not stand all round. We wanted a Spool ( Social Pool) :cheers: :cheers:

DSCN9722.jpg

CopyofDSCN9905.jpg
What is size of your pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.