safety - simultaneous acid + swg dosing?

MattM

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2011
San Diego, CA
I created a new topic separate from intellichem for this question because I wanted to get a clear answer and because the question might relate to other equipment:

The intellichem controls both acid and swg runs. By default, it will allow acid to be mixed while the SWG is running...it also warns that acid should not be dumped while liquid chlorine is being mixed and has a setting to force chlorine sources to shutoff when acid is dumped. I assume that this warning should not apply to an SWG or should it? Both result in chlorine and the intellichem runs an SWG at full power which means a non trivial amount is being added.

I looked into enabling the force shutoff by default just for safety but it is causing issues...(interrupted swg runs do not restart for several hours later, and then can get interrupted again...)

I have a question into pentair on this...but how much should I be worrying about this? Note that when acid is mixed, it goes into a dedicated canister which is slowly fed into a pipe just before the SWG. The pool builder left the default system simultaneous setting enabled when it was first configured.

At the flowrates and concentration in the stream it's fine to allow the acid dosing while the swcg is operating.

The issue with other chlorine sources is that they may not mix as thouroughly as the chlorine the swcg produces and they would be injected in greater concentrations. That's the reason for shutting them off while the acid is being added.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.