fighting dirt in the pool

Feb 21, 2011
All last summer and this winter its seems i can never keep dirt out of the pool!!! My wife nags me because she thinks if i would have gone with a pressure side cleaner that it would stay cleaner (her mom and sister have them and they stay spotless with dirt). I opted for a robotic nitro wall scrubber, which i have been happy with. What causes so much dirt to get in? We live in the country and they farm around me do you think its dirt in the air that lands in the pool? I am using zeobright in the filter, could that be the problem? We have two returns in the steps and they always seem to have dirt on them, could the filter not be pulling the dirt out? Any ideas? If anyone needs more information to help cure this problem I can answer.

Thanks

Living rural and being in close proximity to farming and ranching operations is certainly a recipe for dirt in the pool.

Your robot will probably beat most any pressure side cleaner out there.

I back wash all the time, ill isolate the main drains and sweep towards the deep end let it pump for a couple hours then backwash. If I don't do a manual cleaning of the pool ill back wash when filter psi goes up 10psi. I know of one other pool in the area so I keep meaning to stop by to ask if they have a similar problem.

I live in a similar area, and do get dirt after windy days. One thing you might be experiencing is barely controlled algae. I've had it happen where the pool always looked dirty no matter how much I vacuumed. The water was clear and it never went green, but the bottom of the pool would quickly be covered with a brown film. By just being more meticulous in maintaining the chlorine level, the pool will now go for more than a week without looking dirty.

Gotta believe it is either dirt or do you have a lot of tree and plant life around...My pool sits in direct sun all day...but our yard is surrounded by homes with lots of trees. I get pollen in my pool and like Richard says if you get dust on your window sills, or on your windshield of your car a lot...you get dirt on the surface of your pool...and if you don't filter that out somehow...You will get the dirt on the bottom. I put skimmer socks on the skimmer basket...and it keeps a lot from even entering the filter itself...But I still get it on the bottom as it sinks from the surface...the longer each day I run my pump the better it is...if the pool sits for a day even with the solar cover on...the dirt covers the bottom..

I just vaccuume it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.