Quick bonding question...

Dec 16, 2011
I understand bonding... I've read quite a bit about the differences in bonding and grounding... Even though the bonding wire gets tied into the grounding system anyway..... But my question is this... Do I still need to run a #8 solid copper around the perimeter if: a. I have metal walls and b. I will have rebar in the cement decking around the pool....
???

I plan on connecting all these together including the pool walls in at least 4 places....
Running a #8 all the way around is seems overkill with the metal walls and rebar...
Any info is appreciated...

I'm almost done with my pool!!!!!!!

Yes you do. And it needs to be connected to the metal walls and the rebar in 4 places around the pool. What that does is insure that if one of the connections fail, or gets damaged (i.e. dug up) you still have adequate bonding all around.

Ok great!! Thank you!! And yes I have tons of pics.... I usually access this site from my phone though... So I don't think I can upload them from here... I'll have to save them to my computer and then load them....

I second Bama as my bonding has been inspected and approved. You absolutely have to go all the way around and have a way to tie into the bonding grid you will have in your decking and tie into any thing metal ie ladder or diving board base. My inspector made me change out my Mechanical Connectors with crimp style ones. He said he wanted something "irreversible." I do not think this is necessary but as the sign in the regional building office says "arguing with an inspector is like wrestling with a pig, you both get real dirty and the pig enjoys it."

I am waiting until march to finish my very similar build so I am very excited to see pics of yours. Make sure you post pics of your Easytouch install:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.