Dolphin DX4 Robot; Caddy Included?

I'm confused....our pool builder just delivered our Dolphin DX4 that was included in our contract. But...it came with no caddy included.

Because Maytronics sells their robots in a myriad different configurations for several different markets, it's hard to know if our DX4 should have had a caddy included or not. I've asked our pool builder about this, but haven't had a response as yet.

I've seen this cleaner on several different sites, and all seemed to include the caddy. I even found a Maytronics brochure that showed the caddy included with the cleaner.

Does anyone have this cleaner and, if so, was the caddy included with yours? I'd hate to have to spend another $150 or so to get something I should have received anyway.

The maytronicsus website has a suppport contact email address and phone number listed as well as dedicated pages for the various USA models, those pages usually have a pdf document you can download with specs (not always as detailed as you would want). I just got a caddy, cartridge filter, and remote with my new dolphin deluxe 5. The caddy isn't that awesome..but is certainly wortwhile for easy storage of all the cables, vacuum, power supply, and remote. The bottom is somewhat flimsy though but will probably work out fine. I suggest you call maytronics and ask.

One thing I'm uncertain about is whether the DX line is being replaced by the supreme m4/m5 shortly....I'm guessing for consumers, most people will get deluxe from leslies and those who want the best will get supreme M4/M5 from local reseller. Where the DX line ends up....The supremes definitely look like a better design and may last longer but it's hard to find anyone selling them in many places and I honestly would be a little concerned about how many of them get sold compared to number of deluxes.

One other confusing thing is that the remote on the box and manual of my vacuum isn't the same as the one in the pdf spec box and that was actually included with the robot.

All worth it I think...at least so far....vacuum performs just awesome and it's obvious within a few minutes of running it how much the robotic programming/behavior has been thought out. Just treat it like a baby and run only when needed.
I hope you have a similar good experience with DX!

Matt,

There was a sticker on the outside of the plastic bag containing the manuals and remote of the unit I received that stated:

Please note -- You received a new updated remote control and/or power supply, you will find the operating instructions for these accessories in separate pages.

I'm not able to find any information at all about the M4/M5 on Maytronics' web site, so either these are very new or Maytronics is just that slow updating their web pages.

I sent an email to Maytronics asking if I should have received a caddy with my unit, and will wait to hear back from them.

Thank for your advice!

Finally found the Supreme line on the Maytronics site....guess I missed them when I looked earlier. Also noticed there are several companies listed here in the Tulsa area that carry them. I may check with one of them this week to compare them against the DX series.

Also..will call Maytronics and see what they say about the caddy for my DX-4.

Maytronics replied to my email question this morning with the news that, for 2011 models, the DX4 no longer comes with a caddy. Instead, they ship these cleaners with a remote control. Although my PB offered to get me a caddy no charge, I'd already ordered one online after getting the news from Maytronics.

I haven't posted yet, but work in the industry and can provide some clarity regarding the Maytronics Dolphin lines.

The Deluxe models (3,4, and 5) are made specifically for resale at Leslie's locations only.

The Supreme models (M3, M4, M5 and the new Liberty) are made specifically for the largest wholesale distribution chain, PoolCorp. They are strictly brick and mortar retail models only and usually only seen in Mom and Pop stores that buy their supplies from PoolCorp.

The DX models (3,4, and 6) are provided to other distributors and those that buy direct from Maytronics. These are also strictly brick and mortar retail models only.

The Classic models (Orion II, Advantage, and Advatange 2002) are sold through a variety of different means to both brick and mortar and online retail stores.

You will also find a variety of private labelled cleaners such as the Explorer, Commander, Sprite, etc. These are all very similar to the Advantage, Deluxe 4, Supreme M4, and the DX 4.

Throughout all of these different lines there are very minor differences other than the color and casing. Some of these small differences can be whether it includes a caddy, warranty, etc. There is quite a bit of a difference in price between the Brick and Mortar only versions and the models available for online sales due to obvious reasons.

Hope this helps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, buying a dolphin or getting it serviced can apparently be a real pain and confusing...however, my experience so far has been quite good...and when I have a question I've been able to email their support group and get detailed knowledgeable answers so I suspect the distribution mechanisms is just because they want to be the goto vendor for other companies that want a reliable vacuum to rebrand/resell and as a condition of getting that business they have to promise not to compete by selling direct and to blur the lines between products sufficiently that vendors can mark up the pricing while making it harder for consumers to compare. I honestly have no issue paying a premium for a better product, but it is really annoying...The m4/m5 look like the best dolphin vacs out there but how much better than a dx6 or deluxe5, no idea...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.