Water between liner and wall

Jul 4, 2011
Houma, LA
Should there ever be water in between the liner and the outside wall? I had a spot close to the skimmer that rusted through. Could find no hole or leak in the liner, but there was water coming through the rusted out spot. I drained it enough so the trouble spot could dry and be patched, but I assume there is still water in between since I did nothing else. I am assuming the answer is no and this contributed to the rust. If so, I guess I'll have to drain completely, pull liner away and allow all water to dry?

There should not be water between the liner and the wall. The real question is where did the water come from? It could be a bad gasket at the skimmer, a pinhole leak in the liner, water overflow from a recent hard rain, or snow accumulation if you get snow. Since your pool is partially buried it may also be ground water seeping between the liner and wall. After you determine where the water is coming from we can help you find a way to fix it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.