Plumbing vent pouring out water

Jan 17, 2012
Hello Newbie to the site. I have a pool/spa plumbing problem that I can't figure out. Simple plumbing system with caretaker 99 floor care. One valve for directing suction from spa or pool main and one valve for directing discharge to caretaker 99 or spa jets. Here's the problem: my system has a vent line that come up next to the caretaker distributor and has started pouring water out at a fairly rapid rate when using the care taker. If I shift the discharge to the spa jet -- it will stop. The vent is about 12 inches above ground and has a 180 degree "U" on top. I have searched the internet for a plumbing guide for this system, but none show a vent. Any ideas? Thanks

DaveCook

The vent is probably the air inlet for the venturi spa jets. This is what adds the air to the spa jets. However, water should not be coming out when the in-floor is on unless the spa valve is partially open, then it might although it would still be odd. Somehow water is getting redirected to the spa jets while the in-floor is on. Check all the valve settings to make sure the water isn't being redirected toward the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.