Cleaning sand in filter

tasper

Jan 16, 2012
new to BBB

hi i am new to all this and wanted to know how do you start the BBB method and what all do i have to do being clueless on the whole experience i didnt quite understand the thread sorry. i hve a 20x40 4ft x 9ft indoor inground pool with a sand filter thanks for your help.

Re: BBB for Beginners

Hi welcome to TFP! I am merging your questions into a single thread so it will be easier for you to get all your questions answered.
To learn about the BBB method, first read through Pool School a couple of times and then ask any specific questions you may have. An indoor pool will have a little different needs than an outdoor pool, but most of the information will still apply to your pool.

To deep clean the filter, open up the top and gently work a running water hose down into the sand, being careful not to break or disturb the laterals down under the sand. Allow the water to flush out the dirt and debris and repeat, moving the hose to another section of the filter until the whole filter has been flushed. Make sure the filter is full of water before putting the top back on.

Re: new to BBB

tasper said:
hi i am new to all this and wanted to know how do you start the BBB method and what all do i have to do being clueless on the whole experience i didnt quite understand the thread sorry. i hve a 20x40 4ft x 9ft indoor inground pool with a sand filter thanks for your help.

Hi tasper and welcome to TFP! :)

One of the things that would help you very much is to get your own pool water testing kit.
This is like having a study kit, it will give you results of your pool water condition, so you can adjust your pool water chemistry to fit your conditions.
All of these links are from Pool School link at the top of the page.

This link here covers testing kits...
pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison
The TF-100 kit is the most preferred here and is the one I use.

Reading here will familiarize you to pool water chemistry.
pool-school/pool_water_chemistry

It might be a little overwhelming at first, but with all of us here to help it becomes easier every day.
I was in the same situation last April and was just about to get rid of my above ground pool, all I did was spend lots of $$ at the pool store every week just to have to go and do something else a week or two later! :hammer:
I found TFP and haven't had one regret about taking this on myself! :shock:

When I first started here I followed these instructions and posted my pool water results and was surprised by all of the help I received here! :whoot:
what-we-need-to-know-to-answer-your-questions-t10341.html

Now I have a perfect pool that screams at us to come swimming every minute. :party:
My pool has never been this nice and so easy to care for in such a short time!
P.S. You'll also save more $$ when you understand your pool chemistry and don't dump lots of stuff in the pool that doesn't work or need.

Chuck

Attachments

• Pool on 6-22-11 003 resize.jpg
    Pool on 6-22-11 003 resize.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 200
ok i have 1 more question on cleaning the sand on top of my filter there is a clear bubble with what looks like a tube with a half of circle piece on the inside and a pressure gage on it, filled with water ,when i take off the octagon ring to get into filter what happens to the water in the bubble and the tube thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.