Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair 'Easy Touch'

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair 'Easy Touch'

Hey all, I'm a 'pool dude' and one of my companies' customers 'went behind our backs' and had another company install the 'Easy Touch'. They lost the manual and I'm going tohave to program the unit (I got the owner's manual from the web today) I tried to program the 'on/ off' yesterday (w/o the manual) and could only set the date and time.

As stated, I pulled the manual from the web - but if anyone has some practical knowledge about programming them, I'd love to hear it !

Thanx much - enjoy your pools!!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

2. Back To Top    #2

I have an easytouch 8. I have it programmed for our pool, spa, and low voltage lighting.

Was there a specific program you were trying to setup?
    Our Pool-
    16,000 Gal IG Gunite with attached Spa
    Pentair Equipment:
    4x160 Pump
    IntelliChlor IC40
    MasterTemp Heater
    Quad DE Filter
    Easytouch 8 Control Panel.

3. Back To Top    #3

I also have an easy touch but the 4 circuit model. The first thing would be to identify which equipment has been plugged into which circuits on the easy touch control panel. Example 1 is main filter pump (pool mode), 2 might be booster pump for cleaner, 3 might be spa jets or blower, 4 might be lights, etc. Once you find out the state of the system I may or may not be able to help

Setting up the schedules for the pumps is the easy part...

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys!!
    Yeah, once I saw the manual it seems very easy to set the sheduals - I think I was about 1 button push away from figuring it out. I haven't been back to that pool yet, we're waiting on the other 2 actuator valves to come in, but if I run into trouble with it - I'll sure be reposting here
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)