Hot tub constanly turning on and off.

Jan 14, 2012
Hey guys I have a question. I am new to hot tubs so excuse my lack of knowledge. I inherited a Jaccuzzi Essence 345 used tub which was exclusively used indoors. The tub is in great shape and I am not having to many issues with the water however I noticed that throughout the day and night the tub turns on for roughly 45 -60 seconds then turns off and this seems to happen every few minutes. I did notice that the tub is going through the 2 hour filter cycle in the morning however I cant confirm if it going through the 2 hour filter cycle 12 hours later as stating in the manual. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Manny

Scott,

Thanks for the response, I hear what you are saying and that was my initial thought however I find it odd that it is turning on ever 3-4 minutes. How often does a tub normally check the water temp?

Manny

Manny110 said:
however I noticed that throughout the day and night the tub turns on for roughly 45 -60 seconds then turns off and this seems to happen every few minutes.
I'd check the manual to see if there are other modes. On mine, I can set Economy mode so it hardly ever checks. The temp will drop until the next filter cycle then it's raised. I can raise it manually by hitting the jets on. It heats pretty fast.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.