autofill leaking

MattM

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2011
San Diego, CA
Was out to the pool this afternoon and noticed that the water level was higher than it should by at least an inch, opened up the deck cover for the autofill and heard a hiss...noticed a tiny stream of water going out of it...so culprit found, but I'm confused since the autofill is supposed to be controlled by a valve/timer and the timer is indeed showing off (It's only supposed to run from 5:45am-7am).

Trying to decide how I want to handle it....there should be something to shutoff water temporarily to the pipe connecting to the water fill but I'm not sure which one, the pool builder put in some additional sprinklers and rerouted backyard irrigation when the autofill was put in....we also have a faucet by the pool equipment. I can probably find something to turn off the water, but I'm worried it will be hitting everything in stead of just the autofill.

Quite frustrated because I put the timer in just to prevent this kind of thing from happening in the first place...

Note that the water level thing isn't broken, or doesn't seem so...but in stead it is tilting slightly to the right and off center from the center valve...if I hand push it back to center, water stops. But I dont see anyway to adjust that.

So it would seem you have a compound problem - the sprinkler valve is linking and the autofill itself. The sprinkler valve probably just has some dirt in it. They're pretty easy to open depending on the type you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.