Recommend a slide for our pool, please

jackty

Jan 18, 2011
West Tennessee
We are building a pool this spring. We can't afford a slide this year, but plan to put one in next year. The builder says that we have to know exactly what slide we want to put in so that they can prep for it with the pool build. I've been looking at the Interfab slides, are there other brands that I should be looking at? If you have a specific brand & model to suggest I would appreciate that too. It's hard to narrow down the choices without actually trying any of them. The slide is for our two boys, who next year will be 6 & 8. (I'm sure that some adults will be using the slide too) Thanks for any suggestions.

You don't really have to know which slide you're going to use when you build. It's nice to know but not absolutely necessary. Just have them pour the deck on the end that will have a slide 6" thick. You can set chemical anchors later to fasten the base down. The only thing that will be an issue will be the water supply and that can be done later without a lot of trouble.

Some slides will require more concrete to be poured from the edge of the pool to allow for it to be positioned correctly. That is probably the largest concern of the builder so liability isn't an issue later on.

The Inter-fab G-Force and the S.R. Smith Turbo Twister were the most popular last summer with our customers by a long shot. Both brands are well-liked, so it's more a matter of finding what style you're interested in (spiral, turn direction, color, etc.).

Those two are both great kids' slides, but their weight limit is high enough that I'd totally go down either (250 and 275 lbs. respectively). We just installed one of the G-Force slides on the demo pool in our retail store, and it took all of my grown-up-sense to keep from going down that thing in the middle of the store.

roysteves said:
The Inter-fab G-Force and the S.R. Smith Turbo Twister were the most popular last summer with our customers by a long shot. Both brands are well-liked, so it's more a matter of finding what style you're interested in (spiral, turn direction, color, etc.).

Those two are both great kids' slides, but their weight limit is high enough that I'd totally go down either (250 and 275 lbs. respectively). We just installed one of the G-Force slides on the demo pool in our retail store, and it took all of my grown-up-sense to keep from going down that thing in the middle of the store.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into it!

roysteves said:

I know this is an old post, but my PB told me the G-Force (now 2 I guess) is really a slow slide and I should consider something else? Any input on that ?

toofast said:
I know this is an old post, but my PB told me the G-Force (now 2 I guess) is really a slow slide and I should consider something else? Any input on that ?
I haven't tried it myself, but any spiral slide is going to have a slower exit than a straight-shot slide of the same height, just due to the more complex geometry and friction. Still, the G-Force has been pretty popular among our customers' kids.

The S.R. Smith "heliX" is the competitor to the G-Force, if you're looking for another spiral slide, but we've only sold a few since we added it last week, so I don't have any customer feedback yet, sorry!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.