Pump wiring....

Dec 16, 2011
I bought a used pentair challenger pump... The wiring diagram on the side shows where to hook up the 2 lines inside the pump casing... So I did so.... However it does not show where the ground goes.... The way the other owner had it was wired back out the back casing and screwed to the bolt on the outside of the pump.... I thought this bolt was for the bonding?? Or do they both connect there... It just seems if they both connect there then the bonding wire would be more like a ground since it will connect to the house through that wire...
Any suggestions??

In the picture below, you can see a green screw on each pump. The ground goes to the green screw. The outside bonding lug is for the bond wire.
centurion-ao-smith-motors.jpg

Hi Guys,
I have a Hayward pump that looks as the right model, I´ve changed the bearings and remove the centrifugal mechanism but at the time to assembly again the start system, it seems like is missing some support for the normally close contacts I don´t remember how the contacts has to be installed in the base, my question is, do you have a picture underneath the mechanism?
I will appreciate your help
Brs

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.