New Pool in North Texas

Jun 17, 2011
North Texas
We finally pulled the trigger, and boy howdy, I sure hope we made the right decision. We talked with references, BBB and all that and it's all great. No cause for concern, just nervous that's all. This is a new adventure for us.

Here's some particulars:
40' x 20'
3'6" to 8'6" diving pool
114' perimeter
625 sq. ft
35' moss rock weeping wall along the back
Tanning ledge with 2 bubblers
Spa raised 18"
Jandy PureLink SWG
Jandy 2.0hp variable speed pump
Jandy 1.0hp pump for spa and weeping wall
Jandy 400k BTU heater
Jandy 460 cartridge filter
Jandy LED lights (2 in pool, 1 in spa)
Jandy PS-6 remote controller
Polaris 280 w/ booster pump
Quartzscape or Stonescape - undecided still
Oklahoma Flagstone Coping
Boticas Green or Petra Azul tile (dependent on the pool finish decision)
527 sq ft of stamped 2 color concrete (but we've already decided to add to this; will end up closer to 600 sq ft)

They started digging yesterday morning, and 8 hours later we had a big hole in the ground

DSC_0530.jpg

Today they got all the steel work done and bonded. Tomorrow they do the plumbing. Our PB is trying to get gunite in Monday before the rain, but I'm afraid the weather isn't going to cooperate. I'll keep posting pictures here through the build.

Any feedback or comments are welcome.

This looks like it's going to be a beautiful pool! I love the shape and design choices.

Our pool is just about finished here in Tulsa. Not nearly as big as yours, but we're thrilled the grandkids will love it this summer. It was filled with water yesterday (completely filled last night at 9pm). Just a few details to finish up with by our PB.

I agree, looks like a great pool!

If it hasn't already been shot, I think I'd want them to replace the section of pipe in the spa that they burned when bending it; it's visible in the center left of your spa picture.

Another update...

The patio inlays are all done, the pool cleaned out, and the yard cleaned and graded. The plumber came this morning to hook up the heater.

Looks like this is the final week of construction!! All that's left is the fence around the equipment, seal the patio, plaster the pool interior and install the diving board. Best news is it's supposed to be sunny all week. Can't wait!!

Flagstone border
DSC_0700.jpg

The dog likes how the old flagstone patio was integrated with the pool and new patio.
DSC_0702.jpg

Three more flagstone inlays
DSC_0703.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
PLASTER ON FRIDAY!!! The end is in site! Here's some updated pictures for your enjoyment.

DSC_0718.jpg

DSC_0709.jpg

DSC_0712.jpg

Pay no attention mess behind the pool. I can't wait to get this part over and start the cleanup and clean out. Spring is around the corner, so lots of planting to be done soon.

The PB came today to add the salt and turn on all the equipment. The brushing starts!!

tatertot09, I'm traveling this week, but I'll get you a better picture of our pergola at the end of the week. That was built about 5 years ago when we had our flagstone patio done. I so wish it was fully covered, though. We went a little cheap, and now we can't use that patio when there's a light drizzle because it's just open slats.

This is when it's all worth it!!

Last week over spring break, my youngest (in the pool) and a friend talked themselves into swimming. The water was 63 degrees (burrrr!!)! But they did it, even doing an inaugural front flip off the diving board.

I'm installing micro sprinklers all through the plant beds right now, and in another month or so we should have all the plants in.

DSC_0940.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.