Pool lighting question Standard Halogen to LED???

Hi, I am new to this forum and I have a question about the light in my pool. I was interested in changing it out to one of the cool LED color changing models and I think I have figured out what all I have unfortunately it looks like the builder who built this pool (before my time - we just bought this house in April) installed a spa sized light in my 9' x 30' 10k gallon pool. The trim ring is 6" in diameter. I have not found any markings on the light fixture but did find a label inside the niche that says it is an American Products Model SNL750. I also know the light has a 12v / 75W, what looks like a halogen, lamp in it. The light seems to do a pretty good job lighting the pool - no complaints there - just want to jazz it up with color and such.

Now my question - being that I have a spa sized light fixture in my pool will the Pentair Intelibrite LED 12v spa light be bright enough to light my pool? $500+ is a lot of money to spend and find out it will only give off enough light to illuminate the deep end of my pool. I have already pulled the existing light out and it has 60' of wire on it but when I tried to get the fixture to the pool deck edge I was about 6-10 inches short. With that being said 60' of wire will not be enough to be able to remove the light from the niche to service it in the future when I actually have water in the pool. If I go with Pentair I will have to purchase the model 640132 which comes with 100' but I will cut off as much as I can so I do not loose voltage through the length of the wire.

Any suggestions and/ or advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.