Adding Relay to Jandy Aqualink Power Center

This may be specific to my equipment, but it's all electricity in the end, right?

On my power center, I have an AUX port which hooks into a Jandy Relay. The Relay has 4 posts. I think 2 are for one thing and 2 can be for another.

Of the 2, 1 is for the power SOURCE and 1 is for the power OUTPUT.

I'm trying to hook this up to a landscape light (120v transformer) and I think I have it figured out but want to double check with you folks.

My circuit breaker has 120 out, and I think I hook that + into 1 of the wires on my relay pair, and then the output goes to my light system. But doesn't my light system need to be grounded? Should I ground to the other pair in my relay and ground that to the circuit breaker -, or should I just ground my light system to the main ground for my power center??

In the Jandy diagrams, it shows the ground icon as if I ground it to the green wires which ground to ground, but that doesn't seem right..

So before I fry my system and start a fire, I wanted to check with you folks.. :)

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Just a quick update.. It worked as I thought. No problems..

I can't belive I didn't fry something or else set my Jandy Aqualink system on fire!! :D :D

I'm so happy I got it working!!!

Just to recap for anyone else who wants to do this one day:

Jandy Aqualink RS4 power center with aux port (in my case solar is being used for landscaping) ---> two wires red/black going into a Jandy 5681 Relay (pins #0 & #1) --> the first terminal (#2) is INPUT, #4 is OUTPUT, then #6 is another INPUT, and #8 is another OUTPUT. The idea here is that you can have two devices separately powered turn on at the same time. If you want to share power, of course you can put multiple wires on a single terminal (note: don't do this attempting to get 240v, you need to use both pairs 120+120 for 240volt applications as per the Aqualink PDA installation manual). Then I had the input wire (#2) coming from a spare breaker I added, and I had the output wire going to my black (hot) wire for my landscape light transformer. Then I had my landscape light transformer's green wire go to the shared green bar horizontally mounted below the beakers, and the white wire to the shared white bar which is vertically placed to the left of the breakers.

That's about it!

:)

This was helpful. It is what i thought it was but there a lack of confidence on my part. My situation is simple, i just have two boxes i installed next to my power center. One is for wireless outside router and the other is for outside AV stuff like wireless audio and HDMI equipment. Everything works perfectly at the moment except i have to manually plug everything into an external power strip to get power.

The upgrade is to wire up the power strips that come inside the two new boxes, so i can automatically turn on the equipment via iAqualink. I was planning to use aux 3 and 4 to accomplish this. I'm assuming i can jumper wire from aux 2 line-in to aux 3 and 4 line-in, then run the respective loads to each of my two boxes. In other word, i think i can share the line feed for all 3 AUXes, but with separate load sides, so they can be relayed/switched separately.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.