how to keep the heater from coming on everytime filter runs

Oct 17, 2011
Denton, TX
I have the hayward equipment and Goldline controls.
Ideally, I would like to work so if I turn the heater off on the wall controls, it stays off until I turn it back on.

But I have to remember to go out to the actual heater and pt it on standby otherwise the next day when my filter turns on and goes to spa mode, the heater will kick on.

I just got a massive gas bill because I clicked the heater button on the wall controls and turned the filter off.
The next day it ran its course, and the heater came on.

What is the purpose of a system that errs on the side of the heater being on forcing you to manually turn it off versus the opposite way?

Thanks.

Re: how to keep the heater from coming on everytime filter r

Do you have an AquaLogic? You should just be able to press the heater button on the main control/remote and the heater will go offline (manual mode). When you want to turn on the heater, you just have to put it back into automatic, again at the main control or remote.

Re: how to keep the heater from coming on everytime filter r

If you have a pool spa combination, typically you need not program the spa to operate daily. In most cases the pool filtration(pool mode) will circulate the spa enough to keep the water clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.