Getting pretty cold out there – can we talk about gloves?

cya_sux

In The Industry
May 24, 2011
It’s starting to get a little nippy here in FL. It is not so fun working your route at 7AM with what feels like an icicle instead of a pole! I have tried all kinds of gloves over the years from leather, to nylon, vinyl, and who knows what else. It seems I can either have warmth with fabric gloves (till they get wet) or water resistance – but not both. I have tried wearing rubber gloves over fabric gloves but then I end up with the hand dexterity of a horse. :grrrr:

I was thinking about buying these gloves on Amazon but they seem like just heavy duty kitchen gloves. What do you think TFP? I know there is a lot of pool service guys on here – what do you do?

Re: Getting pretty cold out there – can we talk about gloves

for grabbing a cold wet aluminum pole I would google "dry suit gloves" as they will have insulation and be water tight. When I hike in the Adirondack in the winter with temperatures in the single digits or lower I can get away with Polypropylene glove liners (as long as i'm still below the tree line) but this is mostly for skin protection as my hands stay warm from using the hiking poles, so the gloves are soaking wet but my hands are warm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.