Auto Pilot DIG 220 Freeze Protect problem

fastlx

Jun 30, 2011
Hello everyone...

It finally got cold last night in Georgia.... I expected my Auto Pilot to automatically turn on my pump for freeze protection... well it didn't..

I went down this morning and it displayed 28f and FREEZE PROTECT, but the pump was not running.. I manually pressed the Pump button and Run and the pump did come on.. and I have water circulation...

I did not have any programs pre-set in the system since it is the winter and I just manually run the pump during the day. The Set up in Owner settings does show "One speed Pump"...

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Vic

Thanks... I now have a program in to run the pump from 8am to 10 am... I will see tonight when the temp drops down.. If I'm correct the Freeze Protect should start the pump at 40F and below and run for a min of 30 minutes..

Thanks,

Vic

Update...

Just got back from Mexico and the time on the DIG-220 was at 12am it was 6 pm. And I had set the time and a single pump program to run the pump for 2 hours a day while I was gone( 8am to 10 am).The pump was running and I could not manually turn it off. Had to turn the breaker off for it to stop. I checked the small battery and it shows 3 VDC. Is the digital display module bad.??

Thanks again for everyone's help.
Vic

Quick test. With it running, is it always showing 12 am? If not, and with it running, observe the time. As long as it's not 12 am, turn the DIG off (power down). When you turn it back on, if it reads 12 am again, try replacing your battery first. If that doesn't fix it, look for corrosion at the battery terminals.
The battery only keeps the time, when the power is off to the unit.

thanks... so yesterday I removed the keypad and examined the battery. it tested at 3VDC..So last night I re-installed the unit and the time was back at 12am... But it did retain all other settings.

I re-programmed the time last night and this morning it was still reading the correct time. It will be cold again tonight so I will see if the freeze protect function works. For me it is imperative that it works since I travel and my wife cannot work the unit manually...

I do now have two programmed times for the pump to run and they are working correctly....

I will try to replace the battery since it is about 6 years old... I think it is a 3026 type.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for all the help..

Vic

Freeze Protect is Working fine now.... the only thing i did was replaced the generic salt celll I had ( SC-60 blue one from Compu-pool) and reinstalled a Auto Pilot SC-48. Everything is working great.... The generic cell has never worked right and thats it for me with generic cells....

Thanks to All,

Vic

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.